Intex has launched a new entry-level smartphone under its Cloud range of devices, and it comes with a huge battery capacity. The Intex Cloud Zest, which is already available for purchase from Amazon for Rs. 4,999, comes with Android 5.1 Lollipop and a huge 4,000 mAh battery. It is available in three colours; Black, Gold, and White through the online retailer.
Intex Cloud Zest Specifications
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system
- 5-inch IPS LCD display, 720 x 1,270 pixels, 294 ppi
- 1.3GHz quad-core Spreadtrum SC7731 processor and 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage and a microSD card slot (upto 32GB)
- 5-megapixel primary camera with autofocus, LED flash, HDR, 720p video recording, and 2-megapixel secondary camera
- Dual-SIM (3G + 2G), Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS, microUSB v2.0 port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Ambient-Light Sensor, Gyrosensor, and Proximity Sensor
- 4,000 mAh battery; 146 x 74 x 10.3 mm; 152 g
The Intex Cloud Zest comes equipped with a processor from Spreadtrum that features a quad-core CPU, and there’s 1GB RAM as well as 8GB of internal storage space. There’s a microSD card slot that can be used for storage expansion. In terms of imaging, the Cloud Zest features a 5-megapixel camera with autofocus, dual-LED flash, HDR images, and HD video recording. There’s a 2-megapixel secondary camera for capturing selfies.
The smartphone comes with a dual-SIM card slot, but sadly there’s no 4G connectivity as the first SIM slot can only accept 3G SIMs while the second SIM slot accepts 2G SIMs. There’s Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS, microUSB v2.0 port, and a headphone jack. Even though the device comes with a 4,000 mAh battery, the rated talktime of 15 hours doesn’t look that great when other devices with 3,000 mAh batteries come with longer talktimes.
Computer science engineer turned technology blogger. Following consumer electronics industry closely from 2006, he can now predict pretty much where the market is heading. He has a dream to own Android, Windows Phone and iOS smartphones all at the same time.