Intex Cloud M6 16GB smartphone has just been launched with a price tag of Rs. 5,999. It is an upgraded version of the company’s Cloud M6, which came with half the internal storage and RAM as the new one. It has a 5-inch FWVGA IPS LCD display, and runs Android 4.4 KitKat operating system.
The smartphone is powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core processor from the stable of Spreadtrum. There’s 2GB of RAM to go with it and the internal storage capacity is 16GB which can be expanded by another 32GB. The primary camera has an 8-megapixel camera sensor accompanied by autofocus lens and dual-LED flash unit. The front-facing camera has a resolution of 5 megapixels, and that’s in line with the selfie craze that’s going on in the world right now.
Intex Cloud M6 16GB Specifications
- 5-inch IPS LCD display, 854 x 480 pixels, 178 ppi
- Android 4.4 KitKat operating system
- Spreadtrum SC7731 SoC with 1.2 GHz quad-core CPU, Mali-400MP2 GPU, and 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable via microSD card (upto 32GB)
- 8-megapixel primary camera with autofocus and LED flash; 5-megapixel secondary camera
- Dual-SIM, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS, and microUSB port
- 2,000 mAh battery
It is available in white and champagne colours through Snapdeal right away. It might just get a bit difficult for Intex to convince buyers to go in for an older operating system at a time when Android 5.0 Lollipop is becoming a standard for budget devices. Moreover, the Intex Cloud M6 16GB features an SoC from Spreadtrum, which is not a well-known or reliable chipset vendor.
When there are well-equipped smartphones like the Xiaomi Redmi 2 and the YU Yuphoria, it’s hard for us to recommend devices like the Intex Cloud M6 16GB to our readers. Neither it comes with good software, nor it features hardware specifications or design that can rival the best-selling smartphones in its price range.