Intex, the Indian manufacturer of budget smartphones, has just listed a new budget Android smartphone. Dubbed Intex Aqua Y2+, which is priced at Rs 5,190, is an entry-level smartphone with a 4.0-inch screen, a 1.2GHz quad-core Spreadtrum SC7731 processor, 512MB of RAM, Android 4.4.2 KitKat, a 5.0-megapixel primary camera, and a 1.3-megapixel front camera.
Intex Aqua Y2+ Specifications
- 4.0-inch display, 800 x 480 pixels resolution, 233 ppi
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system
- Spreadtrum SC7731 processor, 1.2GHz quad-core CPU, and 512MB RAM
- 4GB of internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
- 5.0-megapixel rear camera, LED flash, and a 1.3-megapixel front camera
- Dual-SIM, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, microUSB port and 3.5 mm headphone jack
- 1,500 mAh battery
- Colours: Black, White and Blue
What is surprising is that its sibling, the Aqua Y2, has more RAM (1GB) and a better camera setup (8-megapixel rear and 2-megapixel front) than the Aqua Y2+, and retails for around Rs. 4,400. An official announcement from Intex is yet awaited regarding the availability of the device but we can safely assume that it won’t be far away from now either.