Intex has released a new lower mid-range smartphone, the Intex Aqua HD, in India at a price of Rs. 8,999. It features a 4.7-inch HD IPS LCD display, 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6582M processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB storage, microSD card slot, and 1,700 mAh battery. It is equipped with a
Intex Aqua HD Specifications
- 4.7-inch IPS LCD display, 1280 x 720 pixels, 316 ppi
- Android 4.4 KitKat operating system
- 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6582 processor and 2GB RAM
- 16GB storage and microSD card slot
- 8MP primary camera, autofocus lens, dual-LED flash, and 5MP secondary camera
- Dual-SIM, 3G, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with A-GPS, microUSB port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- 1,700 mAh battery
“The Aqua Speed HD is another effort of ours towards, inventing and improvising our offerings. We believe in providing our customers with products that satisfy their needs and are easy on their pocket. This new product comes across as a package of smart designing, tactical pricing and youthful colors all packaged for our target consumer.”
– Sanjay Kumar Kalirona, Business Head, Mobiles, Intex Technologies.
It comes with Sashakt – an emergency app which can sends the location of the user to preset number. Intex is also offering 50GB of free cloud storage through Microsoft One Drive app. The Intex Aqua HD will be available in three colours – White, Silver, and Sea Blue – and will go on sale in the coming days.
I think that you should pass on this device as it doesn’t come with Android 5.0 Lollipop, and there are a lot of other compelling offerings in the market such as the Xiaomi Redmi Note, the Yu Yureka, the Asus Zenfone 5, the Huawei Honor Holly, and the recently released Huawei Honor 4X.