Budget smartphones occupy a major chunk of the smartphone market in India, so it isn't surprising to see that smartphone manufacturers focus towards launching a wide array of entry-level smartphones. Intex has been constantly increasing its market share in India with the help of budget smartphone offerings, and it has launched a new budget smartphone in India today. The latest smartphone to be listed on the company's official website is the Aqua Q4 with a price tag of Rs. 5,290.
The Intex Aqua Q4 has a 4.5-inch FWVGA display, a 1.2GHz quad-core processor from Spreadtrum, 512MB RAM, 4GB ROM, a microSD card slot, and a 1,800 mAh battery. With almost all smartphones in the Rs 5,000-6,000 price bracket making the shift towards 1GB of RAM, we believe that the lower RAM might just be the chink in the the Aqua Q4’s armour. Also, it comes with a relatively unknown processor, the Spreadtrum SC7731, and dated software; Android 4.4 KitKat.
Intex Aqua Q4 specifications
- 4.5-inch display, 854 x 480 pixels, capacitive multitouch screen
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system
- Spreadtrum SC7731 SoC, 1.2GHz quad-core CPU, and 512MB RAM
- 4GB internal storage and a microSD card (up to 32GB)
- 5-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash, face-detection, geo-tagging, Smile Shot, and HDR
- 2-megapixel front-facing camera
- Dual-SIM, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, and microUSB port
- 1,800 mAh battery
The smartphone will be available in black, white, champagne, and grey colours. The company is also offering 1GB of data for Tata DOCOMO customers. There’s pretty much nothing unique about the device, and we don’t really have a reason to suggest this as even worth looking at for a price of Rs. 5,290. There are no details about its availability as of now.