Intex has added another device to its ‘Aqua’ line of Android smartphones, the Aqua Power. The phone is available through all offline and online retailers with a price tag of Rs 8,444. The Aqua Power comes with a 5-inch IPS LCD display, and is powered by a 1.4GHz octa-core processor coupled with 1GB of RAM. The premium feature of this device is its massive 4000mAh battery, which is touted by the company to last 18 hours of talk time while using 3G and 30 hours of talk time for 2G, and 600 hours on standby mode. Also, the battery of the Aqua Power is multi-functional, which can be used as a power bank to charge other devices.
Commenting at the launch, Sanjay Kumar Kalirona, Mobile Business Head, Intex Technologies said, “At Intex, it is our effort to constantly understand and deliver on customer expectations and we fell that the Aqua Power with its extensive batter life and powerful octa-core processor will cater to our consumers’ needs in a far more effective manner.”
The Intex Aqua Power has 8GB of internal storage which can be further expanded up to 32GB via a microSD card. It sports an 8-megapixel rear camera and a 2-megapixel front camera. On the connectivity front, it includes 3G, GPRS/ EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, microUSB, and Bluetooth options. The device measures 141×71.9×9.3mm and runs on Android 4.4 KitKat.
Intex Aqua Power Specifications
- 5-inch IPS LCD display, 854 x 480 pixels, 195 ppi, and capacitive multitouch display
- Android 4.4 KitKat operating system
- 1.4GHz octa-core MediaTek MTK6592M processor, Mali-450MP4 GPU, and 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage further expandable up to 32GB via microSD card
- 8MP primary camera with autofocus and LED Flash, 2MP secondary camera
- Dual-SIM (3G + 2G), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth v4.0, A-GPS and microUSB v2.0 port
- 4000 mAh battery, 141 x 71.9 x 9.3mm
It will be available in white, black, blue and grey colors. Given the price, the phone is set to rival against Redmi Note and Alcatel OneTouch Flash.