After launching its P9 smartphone in China, Huawei is now gearing up to launch the device in India. The company has already sent out media invites for an event on August 17, where it will unveil the P9. It will be available in Ceramic White, Mystic Silver, Titanium Grey, Haze Gold, Prestige Gold and Rose Gold colour options. In China, Huawei also launched the P9 Plus along with the P9, but for India launch, Huawei has not hinted on the launch of the P9 Plus.
The Huawei P9 features a 5.2-inch 1080p AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display. Regarding connectivity, it comes supports Hybrid dual-SIM, which means that the second slot can either be used for SIM or microSD card. It boasts a full metal body with chamfered edges. The thickness of P9 stands at 6.95mm. The device sports 12-megapixel dual rear cameras with Leica SUMMARIT lenses, dual-tone LED flash, along with an 8-megapixel front-facing camera. It features a 3D fingerprint scanner on the back.
Huawei P9 specifications
- 5.2-inch Full HD AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Kirin 955 chipset with Mali T880-MP4 GPU
- 3GB RAM/32GB storage, 4GB RAM/64GB storage variants, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with EMUI 4.1
- 12MP dual rear cameras with Leica SUMMARIT lenses, dual-tone LED flash and 8MP front-facing camera
- Hybrid dual-SIM, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C, Fingerprint sensor, and Infrared sensor
- 3,000mAh battery with fast charging
In India, the P9 will be rivalling Samsung Galaxy S7, Xiaomi Mi 5, LG G5, and many more flagships.