Chinese handset manufacturer Huawei has launched its latest Android smartphone in Indian market – Ascend Y201D for the budget category. Last couple of months budget Android segment is booming with the entry of many domestic players and these handsets are offers quite good vfm (value for money).
Huawei Y210D is company’s first handset in this range, and targeted towards the youths with the tagline of ‘my first smartphone’ Flipkart is selling it for Rs 4,999.
On my personal opinion Huawei Y210D comes with impressive package – 1GHz Qualcomm processor, Adreno 200 GPU, 3.5 inch display, dual SIM with 3G support, 1700 mAh battery. Only things can make you disappointed are Android 2.3 Gingerbread and 256MB RAM. But at this price and with GPU support I don’t think that will be much of problem for first time users.
For high end users Huawei is going to launch Ascend D2 and Mate with Android, while Ascend W1 is coming with Windows 8.
Specifications for Huawei Y210D:
- Android v2.3.6 (Gingerbread)
- 1 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon Cortex-A5 Processor, Adreno 200 GPU
- 256MB RAM, 512 MB ROM, upto 32GB microSD support
- 3.5-inch HVGA Capacitive Multi Touchscreen
- 2 MP Primary Camera
- Dual Standby SIM (WCDMA 7.2Mbit/s + GSM)
- 1700mAh Battery
- Wi-Fi Enabled (802.11 b/g/n) and Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth 2.1, 3.5 mm audio jack. A-GPS
- Accelerometer, G-Sensor
- SAR Value At the Ear – 0.778 W/Kg, At the Body – 1.150 W/Kg