While more and more smartphone brands are exploring the online-only sales model, they all are well aware of the fact that a huge market lies untapped in the offline sales arena. In order to leverage the vast offline retail market, Xiaomi recently announced its tie up with The Mobile Store and Airtel Stores.
Now Huawei is the brand that has gone the offline way. Its online-only Honor brand’s smartphones will now be made available offline through the retail chain Sangeetha Mobiles. The retail chain is quite popular in the southern part of the countries and has a network of 320 outlets across Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Karnataka.
The Honor Holly has been chosen as the first device to commence offline sales but what is surprising is the fact that it has been priced at Rs 7,999 whereas the online pricing of the device stands at Rs 6,999. Yes, the offline stores let you experience the devices before you buy them but the extra money for it does not stand justified. Here’s a quick recap of the specifications of the Honor Holly.
Honor Holly specifications
- 5-inch LTPS display, 1280 x 720 pixels
- Android 4.4 KitKat with Emotion UI
- 1.3GHz quad-core processor, 1GB RAM
- 16GB internal memory, microSD card (up to 32GB)
- 8-megapixel rear camera (Samsung BSI sensor), LED flash
- 2-megapixel front-facing camera (OmniVision sensor)
- Dual-SIM, 3G, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0 and A-GPS
- 2000mAh battery