Huawei is busy expanding its online brand Honor these days. It is the Chinese OEM’s answer to the likes of Micromax, Xiaomi and Lenovo. A new budget device, Honor Bee has just been listed on Flipkart with entry level specifications alongside the Honor AP007 13000mAh power bank. Both of them have been listed as out of stock but the power bank has got itself a price tag of Rs 1,394 and we believe the final price would be around the Rs 1,399 mark.
Coming back to the Huawei Bee, the entry level smartphone comes with a modest set of specifications and shouldn’t cost anything more than Rs 5,000-5,500. How Huawei prices it is something remains to be seen. It has a 4.5-inch FWVGA display and a quad-core processor from Spreadtrum powers it. What is intriguing as of now is the fact that the smartphone has capacitive buttons which suggest that it will run Android 5.0 Lollipop but the listing says it runs Android 4.4 KitKat.
Let us do a quick review of its specifications:
- 4.5-inch display with a resolution of 854 x 480 pixels
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- Spreadtrum SC7731 SoC, 1.2GHz quad-core CPU, Mali-400 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB of internal memory which is further expandable by another 32GB
- 8-megapixel rear camera with a dual LED flash, 2-megapixel front camera
- 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS and dual SIM connectivity
- 1,730 mAh battery
The smartphone seems like a direct rival to the Micromax Canvas Spark which recently launched for Rs 4,999. Let us see how Huawei prices it.