Huawei has just announced a new smartphone to further strengthen its mid-range offerings called the Huawei Honor 7i. The smartphone comes with a new flip camera and is among the first ones to be powered by a Snapdragon 616 chipset.
The mid-range smartphone comes with really narrow bezels up front. The Honor 7i has a 5.5-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The smartphone comes with a fingerprint sensor on its side which is something new for a device. The fingerprint sensor works even with wet fingers and doubles up as a camera shutter too. The sensor further learns automatically based upon your usage.
The device comes with a metallic frame. The device gets a 13-megapixel flip camera with a 180-degree rotation which lets you take pictures on the front as well as the rear. It runs Android 5.1 Lollipop based Emotion UI 3.1. Let us quickly take a look at its specifications:
Huawei Honor 7i Specifications
- 5.2-inch display, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Android 5.1 Lollipop based Emotion UI 3.1
- Snapdragon 616 chipset, 1.5GHz quad-core CPU + 1.2 GHz quad-core CPU, Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB RAM
- 16GB / 32GB internal storage, expandable via microSD card (up to 32GB)
- 13-megapixel camera, Sony sensor, dual-tone LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 28mm wide-angle lens, 180-degree flip camera
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and dual SIM connectivity
- 3,100 mAh battery
The smartphone will be available in golden and white colours. It has been priced at 1,599 CNY (roughly Rs 16,500) for the 2GB RAM/16GB internal storage variant and 3GB/32GB has been priced at 1,699 CNY (roughly Rs 17,500). The device comes forth as quite a good mid-ranger. Seeing the fact that Huawei has been constantly launching new devices in India, we believe this one would make its way to us soon too.
Expect it to be priced in the Rs 15,000-20,000 bracket when it touches base in the country.