Huawei has been constantly launching new devices under the Honor series and has now launched a new smartphone under the series with the moniker Honor 4A. The Honor series is Huawei's online-only brand. The Honor 4A is a budget version of the Honor 4C and it tries to bring 4G LTE connectivity on a budget.
The Honor 4A gets a Snapdragon 210 chipset under the hood and 2GB of RAM for seamless multitasking. There is an 8-megapixel camera at the back which has a Sony/Omnivision sensor and gets coupled with a LED flash. The front camera unit has a resolution of 2-megapixels and a 22-mm wide-angle lens. It will be available in black and white colour options. Let us quickly take a look at its specifications:
Huawei Honor 4A specifications
- 5-inch IPS display, 1280 x 720 pixela
- Android 5.1 Lollipop based Emotion UI 3.1
- Snapdragon 210 chipset, 1.1GHz quad-core CPU, Adren 304 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 8GB internal storage, expandable via microSD card (up to 128GB)
- 8-megapixel rear camera, Omnivision sensor, f/2.0 aperture, LED flash
- 2-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM, 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS
- 2,200mAh battery
The smartphone has been priced quite attractively in China. Its 3G variant will set you back by CNY 599 (approximately Rs 6,100) whereas the 4G variant will cost you CNY 699 (approximately Rs 7,200). Huawei has been launching its Honor handsets in India soon after their Chinese launch so it remains to be seen as to when will Huawei launch the Honor 4A in India.