After launching the P9 in India recently, Huawei has now announced a new smartphone in its G9 series in China. The new device is dubbed as the G9 Plus with a 5.5-inch 1080p display embodied in metal. The G9 Plus is launched at 2399 yuan (approx. Rs. 24,150/US$ 360). It is currently limited to China and Huawei has not revealed any info regarding its global launch, yet.
The G9 Plus is powered by a 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm chipset clubbed with 3GB of RAM and Adreno 506 GPU. It runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Huawei EMUI 4.1 skin on top. It bears a 16-megapixel rear camera with optical image stabilisation (OIS), phase detection autofocus (PDAF), dual-tone LED flash along with an 8-megapixel selfie camera. There is also a fingerprint scanner on board, which is placed at the rear of the device. Huawei touts that the fingerprint scanner on the G9 Plus can unlock the phone in just 0.3 seconds.
Huawei G9 Plus Specifications
- 5.5-inch Full HD IPS display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor paired with Adreno 506 GPU and 3GB of RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Huawei EMUI 4.1 skin on top
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX298 sensor, OIS, PDAF and 8MP front-facing camera
- dual-SIM, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS, USB OTG, Fingerprint sensor
- Measures 151.8 x 75.7 x 7.3mm; Weighs 160 grams
- 3340mAh battery