Huawei announced its much-awaited premium smartphone, the Mate 8, in China. The device comes with a 6-inch FHD display at a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, and is embodied in Aluminum with Champagne Gold, Moonlight Silver, Space Gray, and Mocha Brown color options. For now, the device is limited to China, and is expected to go international at the CES 2016, in January.
The Huawei Mate 8 features a fingerprint sensor on the rear, and is powered by the latest Kirin 950 chipset, which comprises of four powerful Cortex-A72 cores (2.3GHz) along with four power-saving Cortex-A53 cores (1.8 GHz). It will be available in two storage and RAM variants, 3GB RAM with 32GB storage (US$ 469 / Rs. 31,240), 4GB RAM with 64GB storage (US$ 579 / Rs. 38,533), and 4GB of RAM with 128GB storage (US$ 688 / Rs. 45828). The device runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Huawei’s redesigned EMUI 4.0 on top.
In terms of photography, the Huawei Mate 8 features a 16-megapixel primary camera with dual-tone LED flash, OIS, F/2.0 aperture lens, along with an 8-megapixel selfie camera. It supports connectivity options such as Hybrid dual-SIM, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, and NFC. Backing the device, is a 4000mAh battery.
Huawei Mate 8 specifications
- 6-inch Full HD display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Huawei Kirin 950 processor
- 3GB of RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB of RAM with 64GB/128GB storage
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Emotion UI 4.0 on top
- 16MP primary camera with dual-tone LED flash, and 8MP front-facing camera
- Hybrid dual-SIM, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, GPS, and NFC
- 4000mAh battery