Huawei unveiled yet another smartphone in its Honor series, dubbed as the Honor V8. The smartphone has been launched in China in three variants. It will be up for sale in Ceramic White, Platinum Silver, Rose Gold, Champagne gold, Ice Silver and Gray color options.
The variant with full HD (1080p) display/Kirin 950 chipset/4GB RAM/ 32GB storage is priced at 2299 yuan (approx. Rs. 23,520). The second variant has been bundled with same specs with more connectivity support for 2499 yuan (approx. Rs. 25,560). While the third variant with Quad HD screen/Kirin 955 chipset/4GB RAM/ 64GB storage is priced at 2799 yuan (approx. Rs. 28,628).
In terms of general specifications that are present on all the variants, it runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow with EMUI 4.1 skin on top. It features dual 12-megapixel primary cameras with 1.76-micron pixel size and laser auto focus along with an 8-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.4 aperture. The device also sports a fingerprint sensor on the rear. It comes embodied in metal and is backed by a 3,500mAh battery with fast charging support. Interestingly, the box in which the Honor V8 comes bundled can easily transform into VR headset. Pretty much like Google Cardboard.
Huawei honor V8 specifications
- 5.7-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD / (2560 × 1440 pixels) Quad HD 2.5D curved glass display
- Octa-Core Kirin 955/ Kirin 950 processor with Mali T880-MP4 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32GB / 64GB storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with EMUI 4.1 skin on top
- 12MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash, and 8MP front-facing camera
- Hybrid dual-SIM, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, NFC, USB Type-C, Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3500mAh battery with fast charging