Huawei seems to be on a launch spree, the company has announced two new devices in China, the G9 Lite and M2 7.0. The G9 Lite is a smartphone while the M2 7.0 is a tablet. Huawei has not revealed whether it will be launching these devices on a global or not.
The Huawei G9 Lite will be up for sale in China from May 13 in White, Gold and Black color options at 1,599 yuan (approx. Rs. 16390) and 1,699 yuan (approx. Rs. 17,415), depending on the variants. On the other hand, the M2 7.0 will be available from May 6 in White, Pink and Blue color options, at 1599 yuan (approx. Rs. 16,380 for 16GB variant) and 1799 yuan (approx. Rs. 18,440 for 32GB variant.
Coming on to the specifications, the Huawei G9 Lite bears a 5.2-inch 1080p display, and is powered by an Octa-Core Kirin 650 16nm chipset or Snapdragon 617 SoC as per the carrier version. It runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow with EMUI 4.1 skin on top, and sports a 13-megapixel primary camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens, along with an 8-megapixel front-facing camera. It also features a fingerprint sensor on the rear. While the M2 7.0 tablet comes with a 7-inch full HD display and is powered by a Snapdragon chipset clubbed with 3GB of RAM. It features a 13-megapixel primary camera with LED flash. There is a fingerprint sensor onboard as well, embedded into the home button on the right side panel. The device is backed by a 4,360mAh battery.
Huawei G9 Lite specification
- 5.2-inch Full HD IPS display (1920 x 1080 pixels) resolution
- Octa-Core Kirin 650 (Cortex A53 – 4× 2 GHz + 4×1.7 GHz) chipset paired with Mali T830 GPU / Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 64-bit processor with Adreno 405 GPU (depending on the variant)
- 3GB of RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with EMUI 4.1 skin on top
- 13MP primary camera with LED Flash and 8MP front-facing camera
- Measures 146.8 x 72.6 x 7.5mm; Weighs 143 grams
- dual-SIM, 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS, Fingerprint sensor
- 3,000mAh battery