The mini version of HTC One M8 will be released as the HTC One Mini 2. The design of the device closely resembles to the original HTC One M8 with brushed gun metal look pattern, plastic inserts on the back, BoomSound speakers on the front and one screen buttons. Its internals include a Snapdragon 400 SoC with quad-core Cortex A7 CPU as opposed to dual-core Krait CPU cores on the HTC One Mini. There is 1 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage. It is not clear whether it comes with a microSD card slot or what is the battery capacity which is included in the device.
HTC One Mini 2 Specifications
- 4.5 inch display, 1280 x 720 pixels resolution, protective glass
- Android 4.2.2 KitKat, HTC Sense UI 6.0
- 1.4 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 SoC, Adreno 305 GPU
- 1 GB of RAM, 16 GB of internal storage
- 13 MP AF camera, front-facing camera, BoomSound stereo speakers
The HTC One Mini 2 comes with a regular 13 MP autofocus camera as opposed to a Duo camera setup which is found on the One M8. Specifications wise, the HTC One Mini 2 doesn’t even come close to what the recently leaked Sony Xperia Z2 Compact is rumoured to offer, or for that matter, the currently selling Xperia Z1 Compact.