HTC is busy launching quite a few flagship smartphone these days. The top end of the spectrum has started to get a little cluttered with the high amount of flagships that it have been hitting the shelves with similar specifications. The latest flagship to be announced by HTC is the One ME which has been launched in China for the time being and is expected to see a global roll out soon.
The HTC One ME has a polycarbonate body and a 5.2-inch QHD display is present on the front. Ticking inside it is the recently launched Helio X10 chipset from MediaTek with an octa-core CPU clocked at 2.2GHz. It runs Android 5.0 Lollipop with Sense UI on top of it. It features dual front-facing Dolby Surround Sound audio speakers and has a support for microSD cards up to 2TB. Let us quickly take a look at its specifications:
HTC One ME specifications
- 5.2-inch, 2560 x 1440 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- MediaTek Helio X10 chipset, 64-bit 2.2GHz octa-core CPU, PowerVR G6200 GPU, and 3GB RAM
- Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system with Sense 7 UI
- 32GB internal storage and a microSD card slot (up to 2TB)
- 20-megapixel rear camera with depth sensor, dual-tone dual-LED flash, 4K video recording
- 4-megapixel front-facing camera, 1/3-inch UltraPixel sensor, and 1080p video recording
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi ac/a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 with Apt-X, NFC and GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- 2,840 mAh battery
The Helio range of chipsets is MediaTek’s answer to the likes of Snapdragon 808/810 from Qualcomm. Expect it to be priced around the Rs 45,000-50,000 mark when it launches in India.