As expected, the HTC Desire 826, which was unveiled during CES 2015 earlier this year, has officially launched in India at a price of Rs. 25,990. This dual-SIM smartphone runs Android 5.0 Lollipop with HTC Sense UI and features a 5.5-inch 1080p display, an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB storage, microSD card slot, 4G LTE, and a 2,600 mAh battery.
It also features a 13-megapixel primary camera with BSI sensor and a 4-megapixel UltraPixel front-facing camera with wide-angle lens. It also comes with dual-stereo BoomSound speakers and Dolby Audio.
HTC Desire 826 Specifications
- 5.5-inch Super LCD3 display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, 401 ppi, HTC BoomSound stereo speakers, and Dolby Audio
- Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system with HTC Sense UI
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor, Octa-Core CPU (1.5 GHz & 1.0 GHz), Adreno 405 GPU, and 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal memory and a microSD card slot (up to 128GB)
- 13MP primary camera, 28mm lens, f/2.2 aperture, BSI sensor, LED Flash, and 1080p video recording
- 4MP UltraPixel secondary camera with f/2.2 aperture wide-angle lens, and wide-angle lens
- Dual-SIM, 4G LTE/3G HSPA+, dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0 with Apt-X, GPS with A-GPS, 3.5 mm headset jack
- 2,600 mAh battery; 7.74mm; 155 grams
Our consumer today represents an individuality that has quite a resolute fabric, each one being a strong and special personality in their own stride. We at HTC understand our consumer and design products to sit their being. The HTC desire 826 is yet another effort of ours to combine superior quality features in a stunning smartphone at a smart price.
– Faisal Siddiqui, President of HTC in South Asia
The HTC Desire 826 will be available in three colours; White Birch, Blue Lagoon, and Purple Fire. HTC had already launched the Desire 820 and Desire 820Q in the country with similar specifications. The Desire 826 competes with the likes of Samsung Galaxy A7, which features almost similar specifications.
Computer science engineer turned technology blogger. Following consumer electronics industry closely from 2006, he can now predict pretty much where the market is heading. He has a dream to own Android, Windows Phone and iOS smartphones all at the same time.