HTC has quietly unveiled the Desire 626 smartphone in Taiwan, and it is now listed on the company’s official website. The phone was earlier leaked through pictures and it recently received TENAA certification.
The device has a 5-inch HD IPS display, and is powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core 64-bit Snapdragon 410 processor coupled with 1GB of RAM and runs Android 4.4 KitKat with HTC Sense 6 UI on top. It bears 16GB of internal storage, which can be further expanded up to 128GB via microSD card.
The Desire 626 sports a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, BSI sensor, 1080p video recording along with a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. It also features dual-front-facing speakers, but lacks BoomSound experience. It supports single nano SIM, however, HTC is expected to announce a dual SIM variant of the phone soon.
The smartphone is available in Elegant White and Blue Bay colors, for a price of NT$ 5,990 (US$ 190/ Rs. 11,800 (approx). It is expected to go on sale in Taiwan within this month. The company will also separately sell Dot View case and hand-colored back cover by the renowned designers wawa Liu Ruiqi. HTC has given no hint about the phone’s global roll out yet.
HTC Desire 626 specifications
- 5-inch HD IPS display with 1280 x 720 pixels resolution
- 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 SoC with Adreno 306 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB
- Android 4.4 with HTC Sense 6 UI on top
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, 5MP front-facing camera
- Measures 146.9 x 70.9 x 8.19mm and Weighs 140 grams
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, GPS / GLONASS, NFC
- 2,000 mAh battery