HTC Butterfly 2 has been officially announced for various South Asian markets. It was originally debuted in Japan as ‘HTC J Butterfly’ but it will be sold in South-Asian markets including Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Singapore, and Thailand as the HTC Butterfly 2.
The HTC Butterfly 2 is quite similar to the One M8 in terms of hardware specifications except that it is IPX7 compliant and has a polycarbonate unibody. IPX7 rating makes it one of the few water- and dust-resistant devices from HTC.
HTC Butterfly 2 Specifications
- 5-inch Super LCD3 Screen, 1920 x 1080 pixels, Capacitive Multitouch, Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat, HTC Sense UI v6.0
- 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, Adreno 330 GPU, 2GB of RAM
- 16GB/32GB internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 128GB)
- 13MP Duo Camera, Depth Sensor, Full HD video recording, Zoe Mode, U-Focus
- 5MP front-facing camera, Full HD video recording
- 4G LTE (2300 MHz, Band 40), 3G (42Mbps HSPA+)
- dual-band Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Bluetooth v4.0 + LE, NFC, GLONASS A-GPS
- MicroUSB v2.0 port, MHL, USB OTG, USB Host
- Accelerometer, Barometer, Ambient Light Sensor, Gyroscope and Proximity Sensor
- 2700 mAh battery, 643 hours of stand-by, 23.9 hours of 3G talk-time
- 145.4 x 70.2 x 9.99 mm, 151 g, IPX7 water-resistant
It will be available starting from September but HTC hasn’t confirmed its price tag.
Computer science engineer turned technology blogger. Following consumer electronics industry closely from 2006, he can now predict pretty much where the market is heading. He has a dream to own Android, Windows Phone and iOS smartphones all at the same time.