HTC Butterfly 2 has been officially announced for various South Asian markets. It was originally debuted in Japan as ‘HTC J Butterfly’ but it will be sold in South-Asian markets including Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Singapore, and Thailand as the HTC Butterfly 2.
The HTC Butterfly 2 is quite similar to the One M8 in terms of hardware specifications except that it is IPX7 compliant and has a polycarbonate unibody. IPX7 rating makes it one of the few water- and dust-resistant devices from HTC.
HTC Butterfly 2 Specifications
- 5-inch Super LCD3 Screen, 1920 x 1080 pixels, Capacitive Multitouch, Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat, HTC Sense UI v6.0
- 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, Adreno 330 GPU, 2GB of RAM
- 16GB/32GB internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 128GB)
- 13MP Duo Camera, Depth Sensor, Full HD video recording, Zoe Mode, U-Focus
- 5MP front-facing camera, Full HD video recording
- 4G LTE (2300 MHz, Band 40), 3G (42Mbps HSPA+)
- dual-band Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Bluetooth v4.0 + LE, NFC, GLONASS A-GPS
- MicroUSB v2.0 port, MHL, USB OTG, USB Host
- Accelerometer, Barometer, Ambient Light Sensor, Gyroscope and Proximity Sensor
- 2700 mAh battery, 643 hours of stand-by, 23.9 hours of 3G talk-time
- 145.4 x 70.2 x 9.99 mm, 151 g, IPX7 water-resistant
It will be available starting from September but HTC hasn’t confirmed its price tag.