Categories Mobiles

Google and OnePlus Shipped All Their Smartphones With Latest Iteration of Android in 2018: Report

Published by
Sneha Bhardwaj

Google and OnePlus were the only brands which shipped all their smartphones with the latest version of Android OS in 2018, a new report said on Monday. According to market research techARC, 32 models of smartphones were launched by various original equipment manufacturers last year. Overall, Vivo led the number of launches with seven models having the latest Android OS version shipped out of the factory.

Android,Google,OnePlus,Android Pie,Android 9 Pie Update

The second spot was taken by Nokia which launched four models, followed by Tecno (3), the report said. “With stock Android becoming the preference of users, the OEMs are able to reduce the upgrade turnaround time for OS as it requires minimal integration from their end after Google releases one,” said Faisal Kawoosa, Founder and Chief Analyst, techARC.

Nearly 80% of the launches with the latest OS version had Android 8.1 (Oreo) pre-loaded when shipped for sale. The remaining 20% had the Android 9 Pie version.

“The good news is that even for the entry-level (sub-Rs 5,000), users could get a smartphone with the latest Android version, which were sold by Nokia and Lava,” the findings showed.

OnePlus launched two smartphones last year- the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T. While the OnePlus 6 arrived with Android 8.1 Oreo on board, the 6T was launched with Android 9 Pie out of the box. Google’s 2018 smartphones, the Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL were the first phones with Android 9 Pie.

Sneha Bhardwaj

Share
Published by
Sneha Bhardwaj

Recent Posts

Airtel 5G Plus Launched in Itanagar

Bharti Airtel just announced the launch of 5G Plus services in Itanagar. Known for its…

Best Korean Thriller Movies to Stream on Netflix and Prime Video

The Korean Film Industry has produced a wide variety of genres over its many decades…

Jio Launches 5G in Haridwar

Reliance Jio has just announced that it has launched 5G in Haridwar. The total number…

OnePlus Collabs with Hans Zimmer for the OnePlus Buds Pro 2

OnePlus has collaborated with the legendary music composer Hans Zimmer for the upcoming OnePlus Buds…

Aditya Birla Group has Promised Govt to Bring Investments for Vodafone Idea

The Aditya Birla Group has reportedly promised the Indian government that it would bring the…

Vodafone Idea Continues its 20 Month-Long Subscriber Losing Streak

Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) released its November 2022 report on the Telecom Subscription…

Vodafone Idea Users Face Network Down Issues

Vodafone Idea (Vi) users in India faced a network down issue on Friday (February 3,…

Revisiting Airtel Fiber Broadband Plans in Feb 2023

Airtel Xstream Fiber is one of the largest internet service providers (ISPs) in India. The…

Top Malayalam Criminal Thriller Movies to Stream on OTT

Crime thrillers are hailed as one of the most popular genres among moviegoers for various…