Every major OEM these days is exploring manufacturing smartphones in India and many have even announced their plans to do so. HTC recently announced that it will be going the contract manufacturing way to make smartphones in India and now Gionee is planning to do the same as well. As per a report, Gionee will look towards contract manufacturing for helping it achieve lower costs of manufacturing for its smartphones. This will in turn help it in pricing its smartphones better. Gionee has been sticking pre-dominantly to the offline retail model at a time when OEMs are going online-only in the country. Offline retail brings in higher investment in logistics and Gionee would be looking to save costs by manufacturing the devices locally. Gionee has shortlisted three companies for contract manufacturing which include the likes of Foxconn Technology Group and Global Devices Network. Gionee will arrive at a final conclusion in the next two-three weeks and will make an announcement regarding the same post that. The local production of the smartphones is expected to commence by the end of the current calendar year. The company will be devoting about Rs 300 crores for the manufacturing smartphones in India. It may even consider setting up its own facility in future. The smartphones under the “P” and “M” series will be the ones that will be produced locally. These are the ones forming the mid-range series of smartphones from the company and are present in a highly price sensitive market. The likes of Xiaomi, HTC, Microsoft, LG, Micromax, Motorola, Lenovo, Asus, Celkon and Sony have already made their intentions of manufacturing smartphones in India clear. Source
Gionee to commence contract manufacturing of smartphones in India
Have a breaking news, inside story, scoop?
Write to us, your anonymity is our priority at news [at] telecomtalk.info
Want to be featured on TelecomTalk?
Send us your articles, stories, suggestions, feedback at news [at] telecomtalk.info
Pan India Spectrum Details
Telecommunication Frequency Bands
DTH Satellites in India
Neeraj Katoch :
Jio. Airtel is $h!t in Delhi with its unoptimised and spectrum-deficient 4G network.
Two value for money phones are coming from them. One should wait for those.
5G BTS has range of only 200m-300m. They need millions of 5G BTS every year for next two to three…
A52s and MOTO edge 20 Pro don't support mm-wave band. These are the only ones are good phones out there.…
Recharge 555 or 599 x2 and get Rs.200/- and again Recharge 555 or 599 x2 and get Rs.200/- Total Rs.400…
- Airtel Hikes Prepaid Tariffs, Base Plan at Rs 99, Check Details Here 166
- Vodafone Idea Just Refarmed 3G Spectrum to 4G In Multiple Cities 165
- Reliance Jio Announces Prepaid Tariff Hike After Airtel, Vi 148
- Vodafone Idea Increases Prepaid Tariffs, Similar as Airtel Plans 122
- Vodafone Idea Discontinues Double Data Offer from Prepaid Plans 45
- Reliance Jio Announces Prepaid Tariff Hike After Airtel, Vi
- Moto G31 With 5000mAh Battery and 50MP Triple Camera Launched in India
- Airtel, Jio to Benefit a Lot Out of Tariff Hikes
- MediaTek Dimensity 9000 Will Be First to Use Cortex-X2 Core in a Smartphone
- Bharti Airtel Prepaid Plans Under Rs 300 After Tariff Hikes