Gionee has launched a new smartphone in its M series; the Gionee Marathon M3. It is the successor to the Gionee M2, which was the company’s best-selling smartphone this year. The Gionee Marathon M3 features a 5-inch HD display, a quad-core processor, an 8-megapixel camera, and a gigantic 5,000 mAh battery. It is already available on eBay for Rs. 13,499.
Gionee Marathon M3 Specifications
- 5-inch IPS LCD display, HD (1280 x 720 pixels) resolution, capacitive multitouch
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6582 processor, Mali-400MP2 GPU, and 1GB of RAM
- 8GB internal storage and a microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
- 8-megapixel primary camera, autofocus, LED Flash, HDR, and Full HD 1080p video recording
- 2-megapixel front-facing camera
- Dual-SIM card slot, 3G (21.2Mbps HSDPA and 5.76Mbps HSUPA)
- Wi-Fi b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0, A-GPS, and microUSB v2.0 port
- 5,000 mAh battery
The Gionee M2 was a best-seller due to its large 4,200 mAh battery and the Marathon M3 looks like a perfect successor when it comes to battery capacity but rest of the specifications aren’t convincing at all. Competing devices are powered by octa-core processors and 2GB of RAM.
What do you think about the Gionee Marathon M3? Let us know your comments on the device.
Computer science engineer turned technology blogger. Following consumer electronics industry closely from 2006, he can now predict pretty much where the market is heading. He has a dream to own Android, Windows Phone and iOS smartphones all at the same time.