Gionee has launched a new smartphone in its M series; the Gionee Marathon M3. It is the successor to the Gionee M2, which was the company’s best-selling smartphone this year. The Gionee Marathon M3 features a 5-inch HD display, a quad-core processor, an 8-megapixel camera, and a gigantic 5,000 mAh battery. It is already available on eBay for Rs. 13,499.
Gionee Marathon M3 Specifications
- 5-inch IPS LCD display, HD (1280 x 720 pixels) resolution, capacitive multitouch
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6582 processor, Mali-400MP2 GPU, and 1GB of RAM
- 8GB internal storage and a microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
- 8-megapixel primary camera, autofocus, LED Flash, HDR, and Full HD 1080p video recording
- 2-megapixel front-facing camera
- Dual-SIM card slot, 3G (21.2Mbps HSDPA and 5.76Mbps HSUPA)
- Wi-Fi b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0, A-GPS, and microUSB v2.0 port
- 5,000 mAh battery
The Gionee M2 was a best-seller due to its large 4,200 mAh battery and the Marathon M3 looks like a perfect successor when it comes to battery capacity but rest of the specifications aren’t convincing at all. Competing devices are powered by octa-core processors and 2GB of RAM.
What do you think about the Gionee Marathon M3? Let us know your comments on the device.