As expected, Gionee has made its Elife E8 smartphone official in India. The company had been teasing the device for a while and today it finally took the wraps off it. The Gionee Elife E8 has been priced at Rs. 34,999, and will be exclusively up for sale on Snapdeal from October 12.
Now coming on to the specifications, the Gionee Elife E8 features a 6-inch Quad HD AMOLED display with a resolution of 2560×1440 pixels. It is powered by a 2GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795) processor coupled with 3GB of RAM. It runs Android 5.1 Lollipop Gionee’s in-house Amigo UI 3.1 on top. It has been crafted in an aluminum magnesium alloy frame, which gives it a sturdy look. The phone also features stereo speakers with DTS support and NXP Smart PA audio chip.
The phone features a fingerprint sensor, and a 23.7-megapixel primary camera with OIS, dual tone LED Flash, along with an 8-megapixel selfie camera. It has 64GB internal storage, which can be expanded up to 128GB via microSD card. In terms of connectivity, the phone supports dual-SIM, 4G LTE (with support for Indian bands), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG, NFC, and is backed by a 3,520 mAh battery.
Although Gionee has been fairing fine in Indian market, but we think that the company should have reviewed the pricing as many other devices with similar specifications come at a lesser price tag. Would you be interested in buying this latest offering from Gionee? Let us know in the comments section below.
Gionee Elife E8 specifications
- 6-inch Quad HD AMOLED display with a resolution of 2560×1440 pixels
- 2GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio X10 (MT6795) processor coupled with 3GB of RAM
- Android 5.1 Lollipop Gionee’s in-house Amigo UI 3.1 on top
- 64GB of internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- 23.7MP primary camera with dual tone LED Flash, and 8MP front-facing camera
- dual-SIM, fingerprint sensor, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG, NFC
- 3,52 0mAh battery