Software updates constitute an important role in the post purchase user experience . Smartphone OEMs usually update their high end and mid-range smartphones but the entry level devices are usually left out of the update schedule. So if an OEM brings an update for an entry level device, it surely adds to the experience of the customers.
Gionee has just announced that it will be commencing the Android 5.0 Lollipop rollout for the CTRL V4S budget smartphone in the country. The update will bring in the Material Design UI that has been the strongest suite of the update. It was launched for Rs 9,999 and currently sells for about Rs 9,000 in the country.
|HTC||Desire 526G Plus||2015||Android 4.4|
|Xiaomi||Redmi 1S||2014||Android 4.4|
|Xiaomi||Redmi 2||2015||Android 4.4|
Let us do a quick recap of its specifications:
- 4.5-inch LCD display with a resolution of 854×480 pixels
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
- 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, 1GB RAM
- 8GB of internal storage, expandable via microSD card (up to 32GB)
- 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and 2-megapixel front-facing camera
- 3G HSPA, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v3.0, A-GPS, FM Radio and dual SIM connectivity
- 1,800 mAh battery