e& Increases Stake in Vodafone Group to 13%

e& reiterated the rationale for the investment was the same as when it paid USD 4.4 billion for a 9.8 per cent holding in May 2022.

Highlights

  • Emirates Telecommunications Group's stake in Vodafone Group is now increased to an aggregate of 3,537.7 million shares.
  • The telecom group described the buy as being at an attractive valuation in its earlier purchase.
  • Emirates Telecommunications Group now holds 13 percent stake in Vodafone Group.

Follow Us

e& Increases Stake in Vodafone Group to 13%

Emirates Telecommunications Group Company (e& formerly Etisalat Group) has confirmed the acquisition of additional shares in the British telecoms giant, Vodafone Group. A stock market statement, e& indicated that the purchase of additional shares had been completed on February 03, 2023.




Emirates Telecommunications Group's stake in Vodafone Group is now increased to an aggregate of 3,537.7 million shares, representing 13.0% of Vodafone's issued share capital (excluding treasury shares). e& reiterated the rationale for the investment was the same as when it paid USD 4.4 billion for a 9.8 per cent holding in May 2022.

Also Read: e& Further Increases Its Stake in Vodafone Group

Attractive Valuation

Emirates Telecommunications Group described the buy as being at an "attractive valuation" in its earlier purchase. In January 2023, Emirates Telecommunications Group increased its stake in Vodafone Group to an aggregate of 3,272.3 million shares, representing 12.0% of Vodafone's issued share capital. In December 2022, the telecom group raised its stake to 3,015.5 million shares, representing 11.0% of Vodafone's issued share capital. The investment rationale is unchanged from e&'s announcement on the 14th of May 2022 as per Emirates Telecommunications Group's stock market statement. Emirates Telecommunications Group termed the transactions to gain significant exposure to a world leader in connectivity and digital service at an attractive valuation.

Also Read: 4iG Successfully Completes Vodafone Hungary Takeover

4iG Group completes Vodafone Hungary Takeover

A few days back, the 4iG Group announced the successful acquisition of Vodafone Hungary. As a result, 4iG acquired a 51 per cent controlling stake in Hungary's second-largest telecom company, and Corvinus Nemzetkozi Befektetesi, a Hungarian State-owned company, acquired the other 49 per cent indirect stake.

Also Read: Vodafone Idea Gets Green Flag to Convert Interest Dues to Equity for Govt

Indian Government cleared Equity conversion of Vodafone Idea dues

Ministry of Communications, Government of India, has directed the Company to convert the NPV of the interest related to the deferment of spectrum auction instalments and AGR Dues into equity shares to be issued to the Government of India. The total amount to be converted into equity shares is Rs 16133,18,48,990. Accordingly, the Company has been directed to issue 1613,31,84,899 equity shares of the face value of Rs. 10 each at an issue price of Rs 10 each.

Reported By

Telecom Analyst

Passionately following the Indian #Telecom Industry for over a decade from Business, Consumer and a Technical perspective. My primary focus area is Consumer & Digital Experience.

Recent Comments

Faraz :

Yeah.. and a day before it was 99 percent 4G coverage. Not much to say when they spent lakhs of…

Indian Telcos Quality of Services a Concern for Government: Report

Shivraj Roy :

Concern just as elections are going on? “Oh our people have slow 4g due to nsa 4g oh my god…

Indian Telcos Quality of Services a Concern for Government: Report

Faraz :

In Newtown, BSNL don't even have wireline here. Only Airtel, Jio and Tata play are providing broadband service. Once you…

BSNL Kolkata Achieves 60,000 FTTH Customers Milestone

Rupesh :

We aren't poor. By looking at this number stop jumping to conclusions. This is only for Kolkata circle and only…

BSNL Kolkata Achieves 60,000 FTTH Customers Milestone

TheAndroidFreak :

Kolkata doesn't have too much options. Alliance rules over there.

BSNL Kolkata Achieves 60,000 FTTH Customers Milestone

Load More
Subscribe
Notify of
1 Comment
newest
oldest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments