Datawind has unveiled a new voice-calling tablet, Ubislate i3G7, in India. It features a 7-inch TFT display of resolution 1024 x 600 pixels, and is powered by a 1.2GHz quad-core Intel processor clubbed with 1GB of RAM. The internal storage is 8GB, which can be expanded up to 32GB via microSD card. Located at the rear is a 2MP camera and at the front, it houses a 0.3MP VGA snapper.
For connectivity, Datawind Ubislate i3G7 supports a Bluetooth, GPS, A-GPS, GPRS/ EDGE, Micro-USB, and 3G. The dual-SIM tablet runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop. A 2800mAh battery, offering up to 4 hours of talk time and 120 hours of standby time completes the package. It is only available only in Black colour.
As a highlight, the new Datawind Ubislate i3G7 comes with free Internet browsing for 12 months via Reliance networks. The buyers simply need to tap on the UbiSurfer Internet browser app loaded on the device and fill up a registration form to avail the free internet. However, this 12-month free internet does not include audio/ video streaming or local-downloads. In order to avail streaming of audio/video or make downloads possible, users have to put a top-up plan. Datawind Ubislate i3G7 is priced at Rs. 5,999. It is available at an offer price of 4,444 from Gadgets360.
Datawind Ubislate i3G7 specifications
- 7-inch (1024×600 pixels) IPS screen
- 2GHz quad-core 64-bit Intel Atom x3 processor paired with 1GB of RAM
- 8GB internal storage, expandable up to 32GB via micro-SD card
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- 2MP rear camera and VGA front-facing camera
- Measures 188 x 107 x 9.8mm; Weighs 278 grams
- dual-SIM, 3G (via SIM card slot with voice calling), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2800mAh battery