Today, Celkon has launched a new entry-level Android smartphone with a large battery capacity. The Celkon Q5K Power, which is priced at Rs. 5,222, is a dual-SIM Android-based smartphone that has a 5,000 mAh battery.
It features a 5-inch LCD display with a resolution of 854 x 480 pixels, a 1.2GHz quad-core processor (model not specified), 512MB of RAM, 4GB ROM, a microSD card slot, and runs Android 4.4 KitKat operating system. There's a 5-megapixel primary camera with an LED flash, and a 3.5-megapixel front-facing camera. It is a dual-SIM smartphone, and is compatible with 3G and 2G networks. Other connectivity features include Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0. GPS with A-GPS, and a microUSB v2.0 port.
Celkon Millennia Q5K Power specifications
- 5-inch LCD display, 854 x 480 pixels, 196 ppi
- Android 4.4 KitKat operating system
- 1.2GHz quad-core processor and 512MB RAM
- 4GB internal storage and a microSD (up to 32GB)
- 5-megapixel rear-facing camera with an LED Flash and a 3.5-megapixel front-facing camera
- Dual-SIM (3G+2G), Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0, A-GPS, FM Radio, headphone jack, and a microUSB port
- 5,000 mAh battery
This device competes with the likes of the Intex Aqua Power, Lava Iris Fuel 20, and the Micromax Canvas Power A96. In comparison, the Intex Aqua Power has relatively better hardware internals such as an octa-core processor, 1GB RAM, and an 8-megapixel primary camera, but it has a smaller 4,000 mAh battery. Even a year after the release of Android 5.0 Lollipop, Indian brands are continuing launching smartphones with Android 4.4 KitKat.