Under the BSNL’s Free Video Call and 3G Facility offer, all Postpaid and Prepaid 2G-GSM subscribers of Tamilnadu are now up-graded for next generation 3G mobile services to provide the video call facility by default irrespective of whether customer is having 2G handset or 3G handset.
The 2G customer has to choose “Automatic / Dual mode” in “Network setting” in his handset. This will enable him to view the 2G / 3G Network symbol and by selecting 3G network one can enjoy the 3G services over 2G Plan. All Postpaid and Prepaid 2G customers using 3G handsets will be able to make video calls in 3G coverage area just at 70p/minute for Local and STD Video Calls to any BSNL/MTNL Numbers. The Incoming Video Call will be Free in Home circle.
Any new or existing BSNL 2G customer in Tamilnadu circle can also activate 3G Data Speed in two ways as following and enjoy High Speed Wireless Broadband:
- By sending SMS “ACT3G” to 53733 . On receipt of the SMS he will be provided with 3G Data speed (3.6 Mbps) after termination of any 2G Data voucher which is in use.
- For Deactivation, the customer can send SMS “DACT3G” to 53733. On receipt of Deactivation SMS, the customers will be given 2G data speed.
- By RCV : Using any one of the 3G data RCVs (MRP 275, 439, 606, 716, 1102, 1499- thro? C-Top-up only). If any 2G Data RCV (old name -GPRS STV) MRP 7, 14, 20, 98, 274, 555 (all 2G Data RCVs through SMS only) is used, the speed will be brought back to 2 G Data speed (128kbps).
- While activating from 2G speed to 3G speed and vice versa, during the validity period, of the respective Data RCV, the left out volume of Data, availed through Data vouchers, in the respective speed, will be nullified.
- Even after expiry of 3G Data RCV, subscriber will continue to get 3G Data speed till he uses a 2G Data RCV (by SMS or by sending SMS “DACT3G” to 53733.
- The tariff beyond the free usage limit specified for each 2G & 3G Data RCVs is @ 1p/10KB uniformly. During the above said process, the basic voice tariff plan in 2G continues to remain the same.
For more details call 94000-24365 from BSNL Mobile (Toll Free) or visit BSNL CSC in Tamilnadu telecom circle.