Asus had showcased its Zenfone series of smartphones earlier this year at the CES 2014 and it looks like that the manufacturer is readying itself up to launch the three smartphones in India as well. It is planning to launch the Zenfone 4, Zenfone 5 and Zenfone 6 in India on the 9th of July as per the latest report from TOI. It also stats that a slew of tablets will be launched alongside the smartphones as well in the country then. Let us take a look at the specifications of three smartphones:
Asus Zenfone 4
This will be meant as a Moto E rival from Asus with a sub Rs 10,000 price tag. It features entry level specifications and will be the one Asus will be looking towards to bring in volumes.
- 4 inch capacitive display with a resolution of 800 x 480 pixels. It got upgraded to 4.5 inch with a resolution of 854 x 480 pixels at the Computex 2014 but it remains to be seen as to which one do we get.
- 1.2 GHz dual core Intel Atom Z2520 processor
- PowerVR SGX544 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with Zen UI on top of it, upgradable to Android 4.4 KitKat
- 8GB internal storage which can be expanded by another 64GB with the help of a microSD card slot
- 5MP rear camera without flash and a VGA front camera
- 3G (HSPA+), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and Dual SIM support
- 1200 mAh battery
- Expected price: Below Rs 10,000
Asus Zenfone 5
This smartphone will be a sub Rs 15,000 device and Asus will be launching it as an answer to the slew of sub Rs 15,000 5-inch devices in the country. Moto G will also be in its sight as it is currently the best sub Rs 15,000 device on sale in India.
- 5 inch display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels and Corning gorilla glass 3 protection on top of it
- 1.6 GHz dual core Intel Atom Z2560 processor a 2 GHz dual core Intel Atom Z2580 processor, depending upon the variant you choose
- 1GB RAM
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with Zen UI on top and can be upgraded to Android 4.4 KitKat
- 8GB of internal storage which can further be expanded by another 64GB
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash and a 2MP front camera
- 3G (HSPA+), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and Dual SIM
- 2110 mAh battery
- Expected price: Between Rs 10,000-15,000
Asus Zenfone 6
This will be phablet offering from Asus that will be a sub Rs 20,000 unit and will be meant as a rival to the likes of Lumia 1320, Grand 2 and Xperia T2 Ultra.
- 6 inch capacitive display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
- 2 GHz dual core Intel Atom Z2580 processor
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean which like its siblings has Zen UI on top and can be upgraded to Android 4.4 KitKat
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB and 32GB internal memory options and the same is available for expansion by another 64GB
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash and 2MP front camera
- 3G (HSPA+), Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and Dual SIM connectivity
- 3300 mAh battery
- Expected price: Between Rs 15,000-20,000
The next generation of MemoPads and FonePads are also expected to be launched alongside the 3 smartphones at the event scheduled for 9th July.