At the Computex 2016 event held in May, Asus unveiled the ZenFone 3, ZenFone 3 Ultra and ZenFone 3 Deluxe smartphones. The company has now started accepting orders for the Zenfone 3 and Zenfone 3 Deluxe smartphones in Taiwan. Along with these devices, Asus has now launched a high-end ZenFone 3 Deluxe variant with the latest Snapdragon 821 chipset, 6GB of RAM and 256GB of storage. Rest of the specifications in the top variant is like other ZenFone 3 smartphones. In the audio department, the device features Dual Five-magnet speakers, NXP smart amplifier, and Hi-Res Audio (HRA).
The top variant of the Asus ZenFone 3 Deluxe is priced at NT $ 24,990 (approx. Rs. 52,090/US$ 775). The mid-ranger ZenFone 3 Deluxe that comes with Snapdragon 820 SoC, 6GB of RAM and 64GB storage is priced at NT $ 17,990 (approx. Rs. 37,520/U$ 558). The low-end variant with Snapdragon 820, 4GB of RAM, and 32GB storage is priced at NT $ 15,990 (approx. Rs. 33,345/U$ 496). Regarding availability, the ZenFone 3 Deluxe is set to go on sale in Taiwan and Hong Kong at the beginning of August. However, the top-end Snapdragon 821 variant will go on sale sometime later.
On the other hand, the ZenFone 3 is priced at 7,990 (approx. Rs. 16,660/U$ 248) while the ZenFone 3 Ultra retails at NT $ 17,990 (approx. Rs. 37,520/U$ 558). The core variant of the ZenFone 3 is currently up for sale in Taiwan.
Asus ZenFone 3 Deluxe specifications
- 5.7-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- Depending on the variant: Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 / 821 chipset with Adreno 530 GPU
- Depending on the variant: 6GB of RAM/4GB of RAM, 64GB/128GB/256GB expandable internal storage
- 23MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, 4-axis OIS, Laser AF, Sony IMX318 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 6P Largan lens
- 8MP selfie camera with 85-degree of wide-viewing angle and f/2.0 aperture
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with Zen UI 3.0 on top
- Hybrid dual-SIM, 4G LTE with VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB 3.0 Type-C, Fingerprint sensor
- Measures 156.4 x 77.4 x 4.2; Weighs 170 grams
- 3000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0/BoostMaster Fast Charging
One of the biggest problems with Asus is its complex naming for ZenFone devices. The company has a range of devices under its ZenFone series with a common name. It becomes a herculean task even for the writers to specify the device.