Asus unveiled two new smartphones in its ZenFone series, dubbed as ZenFone 3 Max and ZenFone 3 Laser. The company unleashed these smartphones at the Zenvolution 2016 event held in Vietnam, yesterday. As reported by a Vietnamese website, Techrum, The ZenFone 3 Max will be up for sale in Titanium Gray, Glacier Silver, and Sand Gold color options, priced at 4,490,000 Vietnamese Dong (approx. Rs. 13,500/US$ 200). On the other hand, the Asus Zenfone 3 Laser will be retailing in Gold, Rose Gold, and Silver color options, priced at 5,990,000 Vietnamese Dong (approx. Rs. 18,020/US$ 268).
The ZenFone 3 Max looks like an international variant for the Asus Pegasus 3, which was launched in China last month. The device features a 5.2-inch 2.5D curved glass display of 720×1280 pixels resolution and is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6737 processor paired with 3GB of RAM. It runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow-based ZenUI 3.0 and is backed by a 4100mAh battery, which is touted to deliver up to 20 hours of web browsing on 4G and 15 hours of video playback.
On the other hand, the ZenFone 3 Laser comes with a 5.5-inch full HD 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass display. It is powered by Snapdragon 430 chipset clubbed with 4GB of RAM. The device runs Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with ZenUI 2.0 on top and sports a 13-megapixel primary camera with Sony IMX214 sensor paired with 2nd generation laser auto focus for fast focus in mere 0.3 seconds. The front-facing camera specs are still unspecified. Both the Asus ZenFone 3 Max and ZenFone 3 Laser are equipped with a fingerprint sensor that can unlock the device in just 0.2 seconds.
Asus Zenfone 3 Max Specifications
- 5.2-inch HD 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
- 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6737 64-bit chipset with Mali-T720 GPU
- 3GB of RAM, 32GB internal storage
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with ZenUI 3.0 on top
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash and 5MP front camera
- dual-SIM, 4G LTE/VoLTE, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Fingerprint scanner, GPS/ A-GPS, Micro-USB
- 4100mAh battery
Asus Zenfone 3 Laser Specifications
- 5.5-inch full HD 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- 64-bit Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 chipset with Adreno 505 GPU
- 4GB of RAM, 32GB internal storage
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow with ZenUI 2.0 on top
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash
- 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1, Fingerprint sensor, and GPS
Asus has not yet revealed the availability details for these new ZenFone smartphones outside Vietnam. In the meantime, you can share your views about these new ZenFone devices in the comment section below.