In an attempt to strengthen value added services portfolio country’s leading mobile operator Aircel has partnered with world’s one of the top VAS provider Techzone to offer mobile video download at Re 1.
Techzone is considered to be one of India’s largest aggregators, developers, publishers and distributors of Entertainment content. It has its own vast content library of 20,000+ videos in more than 12 languages of the country. Aircel has introduced ‘Video Store@ Re 1’ with Techzone’s content where consumers can watch videos on mobile via WAP/GPRS/2G or 3G and download for just Re 1 per video.
Highlights of Aircel’s Video Store@ Re 1:
- Powered by leading VAS provider Techzone
- 20,000+ videos available across more than 12 languages – including English, Hindu, Marathi, Gujarati, Assamese, Bhojpuri, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and others and 8 genres including bollywood, Hollywood, realty, lifestyle, music, comedy. Techzone aims to add 800-1,000 videos/day to the existing video library.
- The charges for browsing the portal is as per the data plans opted by the users and all videos are available at Re 1.
- It is available on basic handsets supporting WAP or GPRS as well as over 3G networks and smartphones.
- Available to both prepaid and postpaid customers
- To start, SMS VDO to 56060 or dial toll free 52010. You will receive a WAP link via SMS, access the link and browse the video library where video download at Re 1 per video.
- Aircel customers can also share their experience directly over Facebook and Twitter.
Mr. Anupam Vasudev, Chief Marketing Officer, Aircel said, “At Aircel our aim is to offer innovative yet value for money products to our customers. With our focus on the youth who have a need to stay connected and updated at affordable prices, this unique VAS product will offer our customers the freedom to download videos at just Re.1. As a committed data company, we will continue to enhance customer experience through our innovative products and services”.
Speaking of the alliance with Aircel for offering mobile video download service, Mr. Naveen Bhandari, MD, Techzone added, “Our association with Aircel has been long and fruitful. It’s consumer base and innovation in reaching out to the consumers ensures that the consumers are well informed about the various VAS offerings available for them. This aids the consumer in making an informed decision and also positively effects the overall data consumption by the consumers.”
Video consumption over mobile networks is increasing all over the world – around 50-60% of data accounts for video watching online. In India 3G is yet to see the wanted success, and video can be the weapon from the mobile operators to push the adoption of 3G. Airtel has also introduced similar offer on 3G VAS recently. With Aircel’s entry into the same fragment we can guess other operators will offer the same in time. Still I believe 3G is long way to go.