5G Poll: How Many Consumers Want 5G Services

Out of the total votes, 54.1% of votes went to 5G, and the remaining 45.9% of votes stayed with 4G. It is a positive sign for the telcos as the number of users wanting 5G would only increase from here as the device ecosystem and the use cases around the technology mature.

Highlights

  • TelecomTalk recently conducted a small poll on its official Twitter handle (@TelecomTalk) to understand how many consumers want 5G services after it has finally launched in India.
  • In the poll, which ran for just 24 hours, a total of 708 votes came in.
  • 4G is not going anywhere right now.

Follow Us

5G

TelecomTalk recently conducted a small poll on its official Twitter handle (@TelecomTalk) to understand how many consumers want 5G services after it has finally launched in India. In the poll, which ran for just 24 hours, a total of 708 votes came in. Private telecom operators, including Reliance Jio and Bharti Airtel, have launched 5G services in India. Both the operators have started from select cities. While Airtel's 5G has been announced for eight cities, Jio has announced it for four cities.




There are millions of Indians who own a 5G-enabled smartphone today. The telcos are counting that as a positive sign before the rollout of 5G in different parts of India. But it is important to understand how many Indians even want 5G services in the first place.

TelecomTalk Poll on 5G Demand

Twitter

Out of the total votes, 54.1% of votes went to 5G, and the remaining 45.9% of votes stayed with 4G. It is a positive sign for the telcos as the number of users wanting 5G would only increase from here as the device ecosystem and the use cases around the technology mature. While this is a fairly small survey to determine the larger mood of the market, it sort of gives a sneak peek into what India really wants.

More and more Indians will be upgrading to 5G phones in the coming years. As the use cases of 5G technology evolve for consumers, the demand for 5G services would increase. Right now, the telcos can comfortably scale their 5G network rollout and ensure that, in the meantime, consumers are getting good 4G services.

4G is not going anywhere right now. To make 5G a successful endeavour, telcos will have to justify the services with the use cases and the tariffs. For now, both Airtel and Jio aren't charging anything extra from the consumers for their 5G services.

Reported By

Editor in Chief

Tanay is someone with whom you can chill and talk about technology and life. A fitness enthusiast and cricketer, he loves to read and write.

Recent Comments

shivraj roy :

Microsoft failed to create the third OS in smartphones Idk which bureaucrat smoked so much weed to get such ideas…

Govt Planning to Develop India's Own Smartphone Brand

Faraz :

With Jio I have experienced good network at residence places but very bad or no network at market or crowded…

BSNL and Vodafone Idea Continue to Lose Wireless Subscribers: TRAI

Faraz :

For every 20 internet users of Jio only 1 BSNL internet users. ( that too secondary SIM ) The gap…

BSNL and Vodafone Idea Continue to Lose Wireless Subscribers: TRAI

rahul_yadav :

More and more people want fiber internet because they use a lot of data at home for Work, Education &…

Jio and Airtel Lead the Wireline Growth in Dec 2023:…

rahul_yadav :

Majority of people use Bsnl as a second SIM card, but some avoid it because it doesn't have 4G/5G. Also,…

BSNL and Vodafone Idea Continue to Lose Wireless Subscribers: TRAI

Load More
Subscribe
Notify of
10 Comments
newest
oldest most voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments