The Xolo Black smartphone has been launched in India at a price of Rs 12,999, which was being teased for a while now. It will be launched exclusively on Flipkart, and will be available starting July 13. Registrations to purchase the device will commence today on Flipkart.
The device has Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection on the front as well as the rear. The smartphone comes with a dual-camera setup – 13-megapixel + 2-megapixel – at the rear, and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with an accompanying flash. Yes, smartphones offering front-facing LED flash is becoming a norm now. Apparently, the dual-camera setup at the rear helps the device in focussing faster, and in offering effects like multi-focus as well as bokeh effect.
Powering the device is a 64-bit octa-core Snapdragon 615 processor, that is also used in a lot of mid-range phones these days, apart from the YU Yureka. There’s 2GB RAM as well as 16GB internal storage, and a microSD card slot that can be used to expand the storage space. Xolo has managed to keep the device quite slim at just 7.3mm, but still features a large 3,200 mAh battery, which is commendable. It also has a multi-colour LED light surrounding its power button that notifies the user about notifications or while charging.
The Xolo Black features a hybrid dual-SIM, and supports 4G LTE networks in India. It also features other connectivity features such as Wi-Fi b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0, A-GPS, microUSB v2.0 port, and a headphone jack. It also supports USB Host and USB OTG, so you can connect things like flash drivers, keyboards, printers, and mice.
Xolo Black specifications
- 5.5-inch display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with HIVE 1.5 UI
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 chipset, 1.5GHz octa-core 64-bit CPU, Adreno 405 GPU, and 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable via microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
- Dual-camera setup at the rear: 13-megapixel + 2-megapixel, Autofocus with UbiFocus, LED flash, 1080p video recording
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera, LED flash, and wide-angle lens
- Hybrid Dual-SIM, 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, microUSB port with USB OTG, and 3.5 mm headphone jack
- 3,200 mAh non-removable battery
The Xolo Black looks quite interesting, and the company is choosing a particular price bracket. They have plans to launch more mid-range smartphones priced between Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 20,000. It has entered a really crowded segment, and it needs to be seen how the company carves out a niche for itself.