- Folders– Folders let you organize your Start screen the way you want. Unlike AppFolders from Nokia, which was just an app that contained shortcuts for other apps, these are real native folders. Just push one Tile on top of another one to create a folder and get going. All the tiles will be live tiles, so as to offer you better information.
- Messaging– You can now combine multiple text messages into one, and then forward them to someone else.
- Selection- With improved selection, you can now delete multiple calls, messages, or contacts.
- Apps Corner– Apps Corner lets you specify apps that other people can use on a Windows Phone. Individuals or organisations can specify essential apps for school, work, or any other reason.
- Alarms– Now you can customise the snooze time for an alarm, and then enjoy a little more shuteye for the time you want.
- Accessory apps– Use accessory apps to get notifications from your phone on your smart watch, active phone cover, fitness tracker, or other kinds of accessories.
- Internet sharing- Now you can share your cellular data connection over Bluetooth, so you can get an Internet connection on more kinds of devices. Watch Video Demo
- VPN- Windows Phone 8.1 Update now supports L2TP, which lets you connect to more VPN services. Whether you connect to a VPN for work or personal use, you can do it on your Windows Phone.
- Narrator- Narrator now has touch typing and a way for you to turn off hints for controls and buttons if you don’t want them read aloud. Some other improvements to Narrator help you unlock your phone a little more quickly, find and use the Back, Start, and Search buttons more easily, and tell you when your phone screen is on or off.
After having rolled out Windows Phone 8.1 update recently, Microsoft today officially released the changelog on their website which clearly explains all the changes that you are going to see with the new OS version 8.10.14141.167 and 8.10.14147.180.