Vivo, the Chinese OEM which is trying to make its mark in India as a premium manufacturer of smartphones has just announced the launch of its “V” series of smartphones for India. The company is stating that the new “V” series has been made keeping the India customers in mind. The first smartphone under the series will be the Vivo V1 whose specifications have been revealed. It will be soon joined in by V1 Max, a bigger version of the V1.
The Vivo V1 comes with a 5-inch HD display and has a metal-design. It runs Android 5.0 Lollipop based Funtouch OS 2.1 and has support for 4G LTE networks. A Snapdragon 410 chipset ticks under the hood and there will be 2GB of RAM to complement the same. The rear camera is a 13-megapixels unit whereas the front one will have a resolution of 5-megapixels. Let us quickly run you through the specifications of the Vivo V1:
Vivo V1 specifications
- 5-inch IPS display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with Funtouch OS 2.1
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor, 400 MHz Adreno 306 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB of internal memory which is expandable by 32GB with the help of a microSD card
- 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 6P Lens, f/2.0 aperture
- 5-megapixel front camera, 6P Lens, f/2.0 aperture
- 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and dual SIM for connectivity
- 2,300 mAh battery
The smartphone comes with a Hi-Fi music experience as per Vivo. The V1 Max will probably feature a 5.5-inch HD display and will keep the same internals as the V1 in all probability. The device will be priced between Rs 15,000-20,000 and will be available in silver and gold colours.