Samsung Galaxy Note Edge, a variant of the Galaxy Note 4 with a curved Edge screen has been officially announced during an event in Berlin, Germany. The Galaxy Note Edge comes with a 5.6-inch Super AMOLED curved Edge screen with a resolution of QHD+ (2560 x 1440 + 160 pixels). The curved part of the screen allows quick access to apps and functions like the camera and also shows notifications no matter what content is being displayed on the main screen.
The device also features a Snapdragon 805 processor, Adreno 420 GPU, 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage along with a microSD card slot. The Galaxy Note Edge is equipped with a 16MP camera with autofocus, LED flash and OIS (optical image stabilisation). There is a 3.7MP front-facing camera with 2K video recording.
Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Specifications
- 5.6-inch curved Edge Super AMOLED display, QHD+ (2560 x 1440 + 160 pixels)
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat, TouchWiz UI, Edge Screen UI
- 2.7GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor, Adreno 420 GPU, 3GB RAM
- 32GB of internal storage, microSD card slot
- 16MP primary camera with smart OIS, autofocus, LED flash, 4K video recording
- 3.7MP front-facing camera, f/1.9 aperture
- 4G LTE (country-dependant), 3G (42Mbps HSDPA), dual-band Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Miracast, DLNA
- A-GPS with GLONASS, NFC, Bluetooth v 4.1 (BLE, ANT+), IR LED, USB v2.0 port with MHL 3.0
- Gesture, Accelerometer, Geo-magnetic, Gyroscope, RGB, Proximity, Barometer, Hall Sensor, Finger Scanner, UV, Heart Rate Sensor
- 3,000 mAh with Fast Charging (Adaptive Fast Charging & QC2.0), 151.3 x 82.4 x 8.3mm, 174g
It is not sure whether the Galaxy Note Edge will be released in India as it is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor and it is widely understood the Samsung doesn't launch Qualcomm powered flagship smartphones in India.