Opera Mini mobile browser for Android, users can for the first time switch between two different data compression modes: High and Extreme. The new High-compression mode compresses web-pages without affecting the page display, making it the perfect mode for surfing the web on 3G or Wi-Fi networks.
The Extreme-compression mode compresses web-pages extensively, giving users a very high-speed internet experience while using very little mobile data. This mode is ideal for when users are experiencing slow network conditions, or just want to make their data plans last longer. The Extreme-compression mode can affect the layout of the web-pages and was previously the only compression mode available in Opera Mini.
In addition to the advanced compression technology, the latest Opera Mini includes the following features:
- New and improved UI for saved pages and bookmarks
- Better handling of bigger downloads in High-compression mode
- Overhauled tab switch
- Private-browsing mode
- Options to customize the browser layout for more thumb-friendly surfing
- A scalable interface with higher resolution for tablets and large phones
- Updates to the Discover news feed to provide more of the latest content across the web
- A data counter to show daily progress on data savings, helping users keep data costs under control
Which mobile browser do you use ? Do let us know via comments.