India’s first 3G mobile service operator Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Ltd (MTNL) today announced the launch of Prepaid Blackberry Services with two BIS Lite plans for its 2G and 3G BlackBerry Smartphone users in Mumbai circle.
MTNL Mumbai introduces two BlackBerry Lite (BIS Lite) prepaid plans which comes at SMS based recharge of Rs.251 and Rs.150, provides an innovative and highly economical option for 2G and 3G customers who wish to stay connected primarily through E-Mail, BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) and Instant Messengers (IM) like Yahoo, GTalk, MSN etc while on the move.
BlackBerry Lite (BIS Lite) Rs.251 and Rs.150 enables BlackBerry service users on the MTNL 2G and 3G network to access up to 10 supported POP3/IMAP e-mail accounts Unlimited free. Subscriber can view, manage and respond to all their email and messages right from their smartphones while on move.
How to activate MTNL Prepaid BlackBerry Plans (2G and 3G) :
BIS Lite 251 : Send SMS ACT BB 251 to 444. (Auto Renewal)
BIS Lite 150 : Send SMS ACT BB 150 to 444. (Trial plan, No Auto Renewal)
MTNL BlackBerry Lite (BIS Lite) Plan Features -:
- Unlimited Free Push mail access up to 10 supported business and personal mail accounts.
- Optional BlackBerry Email ID.
- Full email attachment viewing where in subscriber can view popular attachment formats including JPEG, BMP, TIFF, RTF, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Corel WordPerfect and Adobe PDF.
- Unlimited access to BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) ( PIN to PIN based BlackBerry Instant Messaging Service) .
- Unlimited free access to all popular Instant Messengers (IM) where in subscriber can exchange messages in real time with their contacts on Yahoo! Messenger, Google Talk, MSN Messenger (Windows Live) and others.
- Internet Browsing (WAP/ Mobile Browser) on Pay As You Go – 1p/10 KB .
- Auto-renewal : If the customer does not deactivate the service before expiry, then the BB plan will be automatically renewed. The service will be automatically deactivated in case of insufficient balance.
- To Deactivate, SMS DACT to 444 (toll free).