Motorola will be foraying back into the Indian market with the launch of the Moto G which is slated to launch in the last week of this month. We will get the dual SIM version of the device which is the one that can be found in Brazil as well. The smartphone is expected to come with a price tag under Rs 12,000 for the 8GB version and under Rs 15,000 for the 16GB version.
Let us have a look at its specifications:
- It comes with a 4.5 inch screen with a 720p resolution with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 on top of it
- It runs on Android 4.4.2 Kitkat after the latest update
- A 1.2 GHz quad core Snapdragon 400 processor is the one at its heart
- A 1GB RAM is complemented by a memory option of either 8GB or 16GB with no expandable storage
- You get a 5MP camera with autofocus and flash at the rear with a 1.3 MP up front
- 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS are present to ensure you remain connected at all times
Our take: The After Sales Services department will be a challenge for Motorola this time around. However if it prices the device right and manages to take care of distribution and after sales, we might just have a winner on our hands as no device in the sub Rs 15,000 range will even come near to it.