Micromax always had a strategy of releasing a bunch of devices in the same price range for serving different set of audience. The Canvas series is by far the most popular one and they've just added a new device to join the ranks. The Micromax Canvas 2 Colors has swappable back panels and its specifications are similar to the ultra-popular Canvas HD A116.
Micromax Canvas 2 Colors Specifications
- 5 inch HD IPS display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6582 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 4GB internal memory (1.61GB user accessible)
- 32GB expandable with a microSD card
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash and a 2MP front snapper
- 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS
- 2000 mAh battery
- Expected Price - Below Rs 11,000
The Micromax Canvas 2 Colors comes in various colour options. Dark Grey one comes with Radiant Red, Vibrant Yellow, Splendid Green or Mystic Blue back panels and the white one comes with Yellow and Green back panels. Micromax might be trying to steal some of the Moto G’s sales by launching a device with colourful back panels as well as similar specifications to the Moto G. But there are already a number of devices with similar devices but they couldn't receive as much attention from the buyers as the Moto G. We are not too sure if the Canvas 2 Colors can sell well. It could have done well if it had shipped with Android 4.4 KitKat and a price tag under Rs 10,000.
What do you think of the Micromax Canvas 2 Colors? Do let us know your thoughts in the comments.