After launching the M2 note, Meizu has launched its smaller sibling in India, the Meizu M2. Priced at Rs. 6,999, the device is available from Snapdeal exclusively, and the registrations to purchase the smartphone have begun today. The device is available in blue, grey, pink, and white colours.
Meizu M2 Specifications
- 5-inch IPS LCD display, 720 x 1,280 pixels (294 ppi), Dragon Trail Glass
- Android 5.1 Lollipop-based Flyme 4.5
- MediaTek MT6735, 1.3GHz quad-core Cortex-A53 CPU, Mali-T720MP2 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, and microSD card slot (uses SIM 2 slot)
- 13MP primary camera, autofocus, LED flash, 1080p video recording, and 5MP secondary camera
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, dual-band Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0 (with LE), and GPS (with A-GPS and GLONASS)
- microUSB v2.0 port, and 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Ambient Light Sensor, Digital Compass, Gravity sensor, Hall Effect Sensor, and Proximity Sensor
- 2500 mAh battery; 140.1 x 68.9 x 8.7 mm; 113 g
The Meizu M2 runs Android 5.1 Lollipop-based Flyme 4.5 UI, and is equipped by a quad-core 64-bit processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, a microSD card slot, and a 2,500 mAh battery. In the imaging department, it has a 13-megapixel primary camera with f/2.0 autofocus lens and 1080p video recording, and a 5-megapixel secondary camera.
In terms of connectivity, the Meizu M2 has 4G LTE connectivity with a dual-SIM card slot, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0, and GPS. Please note that you can either use a second SIM or a microSD card, but not both at once. It has a 2,500 mAh battery that the company claims to last upto 23 hours of talk-time. At this price, the device competes with the likes of the Xiaomi Redmi 2, the YU Yuphoria, and the Lenovo A6000 Plus.
Computer science engineer turned technology blogger. Following consumer electronics industry closely from 2006, he can now predict pretty much where the market is heading. He has a dream to own Android, Windows Phone and iOS smartphones all at the same time.