Majority of the bigger smartphone OEMs have been busy doling out the Android 5.0 Lollipop updates ever since Google announced the roll out but Lenovo has tried to keep a low profile amidst all that. The roadmap to update some of its devices came to light a few weeks ago but things have never been said officially from Lenovo about the rollout.
The information about the Lollipop update from the Chinese OEM about majority of its eligible devices are sketchy as of now. But it has confirmed that the Vibe X2 will start getting the Android 5.0 Lollipop update on May 27th. The information about the same comes courtesy of the company’s Middle East Twitter handle as it answered someone’s query regarding the update.
There’s not much information about the rollout schedule from Lenovo but it should ideally take place in Q2 and Q3. Let us do a quick recap of the specifications of the Vibe X2:
- 5-inch 1080p IPS LCD display
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 2GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6595M processor, PowerVR G6200 GPU, 2GB of RAM
- 32GB of non-expandable inbuilt storage
- 13-megapixel primary camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera
- 4G LTE, 3G,Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0 , GPS and dual SIM connectivity
- 2,300 mAh battery
The device has been fairly popular for its unique design and currently retails for Rs 17,999 in the country and comes with a free charging case worth Rs 2,000.