Lava has quietly launched a new smartphone, the Lava Iris Atom 2X, and it is available online through eBay for Rs. 4,499.
The device runs Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, and features a 4.5-inch IPS LCD display with a resolution of 854 x 480 pixels, a quad-core processor of an unspecified brand, 1GB RAM, 8GB of internal storage space, a microSD card slot, and a 2,000 mAh battery.
Lava Iris Atom 2X Specifications
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop operating system
- 4.5-inch IPS LCD display, 854 x 480 pixels, 217 ppi
- 5-megapixel primary camera, autofocus, LED flash, and VGA front-facing camera
- 1.3GHz quad-core processor, 1GB RAM, 8GB internal storage (with microSD card slot)
- Dual-SIM, 3G (HSPA+), Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS (with A-GPS), Micro-USB v2.0 port, and a 3.5mm headphone jack
- 2,000 mAh battery, 134 x 66 x 9.15 mm, 132 g
In terms of connectivity, it's a dual-SIM smartphone with 3G (HSPA+) connectivity, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth v4.0, and other necessary features. At this price, it is quite similar to the 8GB variant of the Micromax Canvas A1, but lacks in terms of a front-facing camera. So, I would still advise consumers to buy the Micromax Canvas A1 or other Android One smartphones instead of this one as they run Android 6.0 Marshmallow.