Intex has introduced a new entry-level Android smartphone in its lineup, and it is nowhere close to its competitors when it comes to specifications and features. At a price of Rs. 4,690, the device offers a 5-inch QVGA TN display with just 2-finger multitouch screen, a 2-megapixel primary camera, and dated Android 4.4 KitKat operating system.
Intex Aqua Air II Specifications
- Android 4.4 KitKat operating system
- 5-inch TN display, 854 x 480 pixels, 2-point multitouch, 196 ppi, and Corning Gorilla Glass
- 2-megapixel primary camera with ƒ/2.4 aperture and LED flash, and VGA secondary camera
- MediaTek MT6572W processor, 1.2GHz dual-core CPU, and ARM Mali-4oo GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM (with 5.8GB internal storage space), and microSD card slot (upto 32GB)
- Dual-SIM, 3G HSPA+, FM Radio, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS (with A-GPS and GLONASS), microUSB v2.0 port, and 3.5mm audio jack
- Ambient-Light Sensor, Gravity Sensor, and Proximity Sensor
- 2,300 mAh battery, 6 hours of talk-time (2G), 4 hours of talk-time (3G); 145.5 x 92.8 x 9.9mm; 153.5g
The Intex Aqua Air II comes pre-loaded with Android 4.4 KitKat, and there doesn't seem to be a plan to upgrade the device to a newer version of operating system. It features a 5-inch TN display with WVGA resolution and just 2-point multitouch screen, but it's at least covered with Gorilla Glass.
It features a 2-megapixel rear-facing camera with an LED flash and VGA video recording, and a VGA front-facing camera. It is powered by a 1,2GHz dual-core MediaTek MT6752W processor, 1GB RAM, and 8GB ROM. Storage space can be increased using the microSD card slot.
The 2,300 mAh battery in this smartphone lasts just 4 hours on a 3G network while on a voice call. At the price, customers can buy either the Micromax Canvas A1 or the Motorola Moto E (2nd Gen) rather than this device.