Intex has introduced a new entry-level Android smartphone in its lineup, and it is nowhere close to its competitors when it comes to specifications and features. At a price of Rs. 4,690, the device offers a 5-inch QVGA TN display with just 2-finger multitouch screen, a 2-megapixel primary camera, and dated Android 4.4 KitKat operating system.
Intex Aqua Air II Specifications
- Android 4.4 KitKat operating system
- 5-inch TN display, 854 x 480 pixels, 2-point multitouch, 196 ppi, and Corning Gorilla Glass
- 2-megapixel primary camera with ƒ/2.4 aperture and LED flash, and VGA secondary camera
- MediaTek MT6572W processor, 1.2GHz dual-core CPU, and ARM Mali-4oo GPU
- 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM (with 5.8GB internal storage space), and microSD card slot (upto 32GB)
- Dual-SIM, 3G HSPA+, FM Radio, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS (with A-GPS and GLONASS), microUSB v2.0 port, and 3.5mm audio jack
- Ambient-Light Sensor, Gravity Sensor, and Proximity Sensor
- 2,300 mAh battery, 6 hours of talk-time (2G), 4 hours of talk-time (3G); 145.5 x 92.8 x 9.9mm; 153.5g
The Intex Aqua Air II comes pre-loaded with Android 4.4 KitKat, and there doesn’t seem to be a plan to upgrade the device to a newer version of operating system. It features a 5-inch TN display with WVGA resolution and just 2-point multitouch screen, but it’s at least covered with Gorilla Glass.
It features a 2-megapixel rear-facing camera with an LED flash and VGA video recording, and a VGA front-facing camera. It is powered by a 1,2GHz dual-core MediaTek MT6752W processor, 1GB RAM, and 8GB ROM. Storage space can be increased using the microSD card slot.
The 2,300 mAh battery in this smartphone lasts just 4 hours on a 3G network while on a voice call. At the price, customers can buy either the Micromax Canvas A1 or the Motorola Moto E (2nd Gen) rather than this device.
Computer science engineer turned technology blogger. Following consumer electronics industry closely from 2006, he can now predict pretty much where the market is heading. He has a dream to own Android, Windows Phone and iOS smartphones all at the same time.