Huawei had announced the successor to the Honor 6, a few days ago. Now, the Huawei Honor 6 Plus is available for purchase globally with a price tag of $399. The Honor 6 Plus features a 5.5-inch Full HD IPS LCD display, a quad-core HiSilicon Kirin 925 processor, 3GB RAM, 16GB storage, 4G LTE connectivity, and a huge 3,600 mAh battery. However, the most interesting bits about the device are its dual 8-megapixel cameras on the back.
Huawei Honor 6 Plus specifications
- 5.5-inch IPS LCD display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, 401 ppi, and capacitive multitouch
- Emotion UI 3.0 based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system
- HiSilicon Kirin 925 SoC, octa-core CPU (quad-core Cortex A15 and quad-core Cortex A7), and Mali-T628 MP4 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16/32GB internal storage, and a microSD card slot
- dual-8MP rear-facing cameras, fast autofocus at 0.2 seconds, dual-LED flash, and 1080p video recording
- 8-megapixel front-facing camera and 1080p video recording
- Dual-SIM, 4G LTE, FM Radio, and A-GPS
- dual-band Wi-Fi b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0 LE, NFC, microUSB v2.0 port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
The dual-cameras at the back feature individual resolution of 8 megapixels, but the resulting image sports a resolution of 13 megapixels and impressive details, as claimed by the Chinese smartphone vendor. As per Huawei, the Honor 6 Plus can focus within 0.2 seconds and offer rich real-time effects, thanks to dual-camera setup and DSLR-grade ISP algorithms.
The Huawei Honor 6 Plus will be available from Oppomart for $399 (Rs. 25,234). The company hasn’t announced India-specific availability and price just yet, though we think that it will be launched in India following a decent reponse to the Honor 6 in the country.
Computer science engineer turned technology blogger. Following consumer electronics industry closely from 2006, he can now predict pretty much where the market is heading. He has a dream to own Android, Windows Phone and iOS smartphones all at the same time.