The long rumoured HTC One M8 EYE has been launched in India for Rs. 38,990. The One M8 EYE is a variant of the HTC One M8 with a 13-megapixel camera with Duo sensor instead of a 4MP UltraPixel camera. Other than the camera sensor at the back, there’s no change when compared to the HTC One M8.
It features a 5.0-inch Full HD SLCD3 display, a 13-megapixel Duo camera (with depth sensor), 5-megapixel front-facing camera, 1080p video recording, and runs Android 4.4 KitKat. It is powered by a Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB of RAM, 16/32GB of internal storage space (along with a microSD card slot), and a 2,600 mAh battery.
HTC One M8 EYE Specifications
- 5.0-inch SLCD3 display, Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) resolution, 441 ppi, and Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- BoomSound stereo front-facing speakers
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat with HTC Sense UI v6
- 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, Adreno 330 GPU, and 2GB of RAM
- 16/32GB internal storage and microSD card slot (up to 128GB)
- 13MP Duo Camera, Depth Sensor, Dual-Tone LED flash, 1080p video recording (60 fps), HDR video recording, and stereo sound recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, 1080p video recording (30 fps)
- Accelerometer, gyro-sensor, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, GLONASS A-GPS, compass, and barometer
- Nano SIM, 4G LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi Hotspot, DLNA, Miracast, Bluetooth v4.0 LE, NFC, and IR Port
- MicroUSB v2.0 port, USB OTG, USB Host, and MHL
- 2,600 mAh battery, 146.4 x 70.6 x 9.4 mm, 157 grams
The HTC One M8 EYE will be available in India starting next week in two colour variants; Glacial Silver and Gunmetal Grey. Recently, the original HTC One M8 was upgraded with ‘EYE Experience’ software which brings some camera feature additions such as Split Capture, Photo Booth, and Face Fusion.
Computer science engineer turned technology blogger. Following consumer electronics industry closely from 2006, he can now predict pretty much where the market is heading. He has a dream to own Android, Windows Phone and iOS smartphones all at the same time.