Gaana.com today announced a major revamp of its Android mobile application, making the finest mobile music experience available today, along with new features. The music service is also launching a special referral program, in association with Paytm, where each user can earn talk time of up to Rs 100, by inviting friends to Gaana.
The most exciting new feature in Gaana 5.0 is “Playlists of the Hour”, where Gaana will highlight professionally programmed playlists that change every few hours. So if it’s Sunday morning, expect some relaxed lazy music, and if it’s Friday night, expect livelier music to start the weekend. Playlists of the Hour shows up at the top of Gaana, starting from the third time a user opens Gaana.
Gaana 5.0 is available for Android users today, and will soon be available for iOS and Windows Phone users too.
Features in Gaana v5:
– Completely new experience, with a black theme and album colors throughout
– Playlists of the hour: highlighted playlists based on the time of day and day of week
-Redesigned player with easy access to music videos, lyrics & more
– Language filters: Select / unselect the languages you want to see upfront
– Gaana Rewards: invite friends to use Gaana, and earn talktime when they join
– Gaana+ Download sync: Automatically sync your downloaded music on all of your devices (Gaana+ members only)
– Bandwidth adjustment: A number of optimizations to make Gaana faster if a user is on 2G data.
And as always, Gaana offers the largest catalogue in India, with over 3 million songs across 21 languages, across web and mobile